Do you have a Kathleen Georgia house that’s in foreclosure right now? Many people going through the Kathleen foreclosure process want to get out from under this nightmare. We are asked a lot, “Can i sell my Kathleen house while in foreclosure?”. The short answer: yes. The long answer: it’s a little more complicated, but usually you can sell your property prior to foreclosure. Generally, the sooner you start, the better.
Selling Your Kathleen House In Foreclosure – How it works
There are a lot of folks in Kathleen, Georgia who have faced foreclosure in the past few years. Since the changes in the economy, a lot of banks have been shifting the way that they deal with foreclosures. Just remember, a house in foreclosure is still owned by the homeowner until the outcry at the courthouse is complete.
Remember, the bank that carries your mortgage doesn’t want to see your home abandoned or auctioned. The bank stands to make the most amount of money by helping you to avoid foreclosure by selling your property. However, dealing with banks during any part of the foreclosure process can be a huge pain. Over many years of working with banks to help stop the foreclosure process, we’ve learned a few tricks that will help you.
Working With Banks During The Foreclosure Process
- Always over-communicate with the bank (but don’t be annoying). Call with updates and show them what you’re doing to get your house sold. Record the calls you make with the bank. This allows you to have a record of what was promised to you. “There’s an app for that”.
- Don’t miss deadlines. If anything will be late, call with advance notice. They may be late calling you back, but don’t be late on your side.
- Remember that bankers are people too. Don’t be overly dramatic, but explaining your situation and demonstrating your willingness to fix the problems to make it right goes a long way.
- Start keeping careful records of every conversation you have with the bank. Nothing counts unless it is in writing. Make sure to keep track of each person you speak with, what they said, and any promises made.
- Explore all your options, including short sale, loan modifications, and bankruptcy. Depending on the details of your personal situation, you may be able to dramatically slow down the foreclosure process with enough effort. Each bank has its own policies to help borrowers avoid foreclosure.
- Don’t wait. Unfortunately, time is not on your side. The further behind you become on payments, the less options are available to you. We have tried to help new homeowners that got into trouble. By the time they called us, the back payments, late fees and court costs exceeded the original purchase price. DON”T WAIT!!
We specialize in helping homeowners in situations including foreclosure around Kathleen and the whole state of Georgia get out of difficult situations and avoid foreclosure. In certain circumstances we can negotiate directly with the bank to reduce the amount you owe and (sometimes) even help you walk away from your property with cash.
If you need to sell a property near Kathleen, we can help you.
We buy properties like yours from people who need to sell fast.
Other related articles that may help;